Wednesday 17 March 2010

Are books dead...?

I work for a publishing company, and also publish my own books. I'm also a big believer in the internet as a way forward for publishing. Will it replace books, magazines and newspapers, as many say it will? I don't think so, but it'll be an important part of how we work in the future. Publishing doesn't just mean books, but audio, video and web-based content too - publishing will integrate the many forms of media available to us in the future. This short video was produced by DK, a company I used to consult for. I think it's brilliant. If you have two minutes to spare, I'd urge you to check it out. Click here to view it.

1 comment:

Trish Hunter said...

Oh gosh I hope not.
The Australian collectables price guide has gone online this year, and is no longer producing hard copies.
As someone who can be considered internet 'savvy' I still prefer sitting down with a reference guide and flicking through the pages. Its actually nice to get away from the computer.
It's also nice to have something you can refer to, bookmark, hold and actually own. Whereas although you can 'bookmark' on a computer, its just not the same.
Not to mention the lack of book smell any website could ever provide.
I'm sad to see books go :(

www.trishhunterfinds.com